Hannah is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Singapore. Her core areas of practice are commercial litigation, international arbitration and restructuring and insolvency.
Hannah’s representative experience spans all levels of the Singapore courts, where she has acted as both lead counsel and as second chair to prominent Senior Counsel. The disputes in which Hannah has been involved in run the gamut, from high-profile shareholder, property and trust-related disputes to defamation actions and arbitration-related Court proceedings. Many involve complex cross-border elements and traverse a variety of industry sectors, including energy, healthcare and hospitality. In The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Hannah is recognised by a client as “excellent, personable” and “very prompt”.
Hannah has also built a well-rounded practice, by seeking out and gaining experience in other areas of the law. She has advised and acted for clients in high-value matrimonial proceedings (under both the Women’s Charter and the Administration of Muslim Law Act), represented other solicitors in disciplinary proceedings under the Legal Profession Act and acted pro-bono for accused persons under the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme.
Prior to joining the firm, Hannah practiced with a top-ranked disputes team. She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2015, where she held a joint scholarship awarded by the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Mendaki.
Hannah is fluent in English, Malay and Bahasa Indonesia.
Key industry sectors
- Financial institution
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- International arbitration
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore, 2016
- Bahasa Melayu
- Bahasa Indonesia
Memberships and activities
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Acted for a group of 14 Plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit against a property developer: see Cheung Teck Cheong Richard and others v LVND Investments Pte Ltd  SGCA 77
- Acted for a BVI company in a trial before the Singapore International Commercial Court in relation to the ownership of a luxury Thai Villa (see: Lew, Solomon v Kaikhushru Shiavax Nargolwala and others  3 SLR 61; Lew, Solomon v Kaikhushru Shiavax Nargolwala and others and another appeal  SGCA(I)1)
- Acted in a matter which involved resisting an application to set aside a decision on jurisdiction arising from an Investor-State Arbitration. This matter, which was eventually settled, included an application for the admission of a Queen’s Counsel (see: Re Gearing, Matthew Peter QC  3 SLR 1106).
- Acted for a group of family trust companies in proceedings which arose from Singapore’s largest ever trust fund dispute involving assets exceeding US$670m (see: Compania de Navegacion Palomar SA and others v Koutsos, Isabel Brenda  SGHC 59).
- Acted for a leading local fitness brand in respect of claims against its former CEO and employees. This matter was one of the first disputes to be successfully transferred from the Employment Claims Tribunal to the High Court.
- Acted for two prolific solicitors in disciplinary proceedings under the Legal Profession Act, which were eventually dismissed by the High Court and Court of Three Judges.
- Acted for an individual accused of offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act and Section 376A of the Penal Code, in an appeal to the High Court.
- Advised a prominent social media platform in relation to its obligations under Singapore law including: employment obligations, personal data protection and novel issues of law, such as the liability of third-party content providers for defamation, and actions under the POHA and POFMA.
- Conducted a legal review of Singapore’s laws pertaining to the sale of illegal substances on e-commerce platforms, on behalf of a global federation advocating for crop protection and sustainable agriculture.
- L.L.B, National University of Singapore