Kei-Jin has more than 20 years’ experience as a dispute resolution lawyer based in Singapore. He specialises in commercial and contract litigation, as well as international arbitration.
Kei-Jin regularly appears before all levels of the Singapore courts as lead advocate, representing clients on multi-jurisdictional disputes across a range of industry sectors, with a focus on energy, banking, commodities and construction.
In particular, Kei-Jin has extensive experience advising on as well as acting as counsel in disputes relating to banking transactions and facilities, letters of credit, shareholder / joint venture partner disputes, minority shareholder oppression, as well as building and construction works.
He has been a contributing editor of Sweet & Maxwell’s “Singapore Civil Procedure” 2003, 2007, 2013, 2016 and 2017 and a contributor of Sweet & Maxwell’s “Singapore Precedents of Pleadings”.
Kei-Jin is also recognised as being among Southeast Asia’s leading business lawyers and experts in Arbitration and Litigation in Who's Who Legal: Southeast Asia 2021.
Kei-Jin is qualified as an Advocate & Solicitor of Singapore and a member of the Bar of England & Wales. He is also a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators.
Key industry sectors
- Financial institutions
- Infrastructure, mining and commodities
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- International arbitration
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law, Oil & Gas Industry Focus Group Subcommittee (2015 - )
- Magistrate, Small Claims Tribunal (2010 - )
- Panel of prosecuting counsel for the Law Society of Singapore
- Acted for one of the world’s largest owners and operators of oil, chemical and natural gas storage tank facilities in a dispute involving the storage of a cargo of Palm Methyl Ester.
- Acting for one of the major global energy companies in a US$127 million dispute with a financial institution.
- Acting for one of the largest brewery companies in a US$40 million joint venture dispute in Asia.
- Acted for a petrochemical refinery in a US$60 million dispute involving the leasing of equipment.
- Acted as Singapore counsel in the enforcement of a US$56 million arbitration award made pursuant to a dispute arising from an energy supply project.
- Acted in a US$260 million multi-jurisdictional dispute relating to the exploration and exploitation of an energy resource in Indonesia.
- Acted in a US$50 million arbitration dispute between investors in an oil exploration project in a Middle East country.
- Acted in litigation and arbitration proceedings arising from disputes between shareholders in a US$240 million leveraged buy-out of a technology company.
- Acting in an over US$30 million arbitration dispute between an investor and a state relating to the imposition of taxes and penalties on revenues earned from an oil and gas project.
- Acted in the application for Court approval for the transfer of life insurance business.
- Acted in a number of disputes relating to the insurance and reinsurance broking industry.